Sunday, March 18, 2007

A quick creative break


As you may know I have been recreating my workspace for the past few weeks. I promised no distractions or artistic endeavours until I finished...but that didn't happen. Club Scrap posted a quick 'Spring' challenge, and a 74 degree day in March was all it took to grab the kid and camera and click away.
I saw the idea for a round 12x12 scrapbook layout in a magazine, and wanted to give it a try. It was a bit trickier than I originally thought. I printed my photos 9 to a page, made a circle 10" in diameter, and layed the fotos out before cutting. It turned out I needed 2 more, so I printed another page. Trying to salvage as much of the fotos, I ended up using 11 pictures, rather than 12, as my original intent was to make a clock for Grandma, for mother's day.
Once I mounted the pieces, the circle grew larger, and things didn't fit quite right, so it is a bit off center.
Paper is Club Scrap Textiles and Notions, written word vellum with my colorwash in violet, cantelope and pink. Other paper was few pieces from my stash I don't remember exactly who's designs. Bazzill cardstock, Ranger Adarondak inks for butterfly wings, and Buttons & Scrapper's floss from Karen Foster

No comments: