Tuesday, March 20, 2007

a house of blocks



During a quick visit to my local stamp store I saw a project next to the register made from wooden blocks. Since I love projects, I had to figure out how it was done, and what my take would be.
Using the new Tim Holtz unmounted stamps, my favorite from Stampers Anonymous, and a bunch of Club Scrap/ Club Stamp um's I sat down with Allison and we began stamping away on our newly found blocks with a water based archival permanent black ink. Once the ink was dry I mixed up some Walnut Ink and the rest is history.
This was a really fun project, and so easy for kids. What I like so much, is that you can change the blocks around and keep playing after the project is done!
Allison colored hers with colorwash, and it worked as well as the Walnut ink, but her's is now pink/cantelope!

No comments: