Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ydia-an art doll muse

A what???
In Greek Mythology there are 9 muses responsible for artistic inspiration in:
Calliope (Epic Poetry),Clio (History),Erato (Love Poetry),Euterpe (Music),Melpomene (Tragedy), Polyhymnia (Hymns), Terpsichore (Dance), Thaleia (Comedy), Urania (Astronomy). See Professor Graves, I did pay attention!
I wanted to make a series of inspirational dolls to remind me why I make art, and give me inspiration when the well has gone dry. This is the first in the series. she is named Ydia (pronounced 'idea'). She is my personal reminder of 'worth'.

She was made with materials given to me by several people from around the world, filling her with tons of generosity & creativity. If you click on her picture you can see the shine, irridescence and depth of her feaures. In real life, everything sparkles.

Here's a fun quiz to find out which Greek Muse is most present in you, don't worry you don't have to give out any personal information.
Muse Quiz I'm Euterpe (Music), no shock there!

I have a few more dolls waiting for the right finishings, so please come back and meet them soon!

1 comment:

Monica said...

She looks great! I can't wait to see the rest of them!

Monica